Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Mason at 6 months!

A writer I am not.  God gave me other talents but that isn't one of them.  So I may stumble as I write this blog, or letters, or birthday cards, or...never mind.  My point is I started this blog to document Mason and his journey into our family and our journey as we waited for him.  So I apologize in advance for my writing, I write like I talk.  Just a disclaimer :o)  Now on to more important things.

Mason will be six months on Friday.  6 whole months (five months in our care)!! We have watched him grow from a small peanut into a good size turkey.  And our once affect-less baby, now smiles and laughs, coos and invites attention! It has been AMAZING to watch!

We LOVE this little man! The boys have grown so close to him.  Tyler gets up in the morning and he goes right to Mason's crib to see if he's awake.  Mason smiles when he sees him and I know Tyler feels loved because of it.  Tyler needs that, he's my boy that struggles with feeling loved. 

Dylan's mornings are spent "talking" with Mason and making up songs about how much he loves him.  It is very cute to watch, and my heart leaps with their growing bond.

Steve and I are so thankful that God chose us to be his daddy and mommy.  We are learning so much, we are trusting so much, and we are stretching so much.  We are surrendering all to the Lord, knowing, trusting, and stretching our faith, with all that Mason is and is to become. 

God gives you what you need, not always what you want, BUT with Mason we got both!

1 comment:

  1. we are thankful on behalf of Mason that you were chosen as his parents. being a once orphan was not lucky, but scoring you as mom is! praise God for his good gifts.

    ReplyDelete