Monday, June 25, 2012

Vacations

We are on the first day of a much needed vacation. Vacations are time to reconnect, share, and laugh. We were packed and we had thought of everything. Except, Guess what we forgot...Mason. No deep breaths we didn't ACTUALLY "forget" Mason, we forgot that we aren't suppose to leave the state without telling his social worker. This could have been bad, but it wasn't... a simple email says where we were going fixed it all, except it didn't fix the little twang in my heart that reminds me he's not officially ours yet. In all other ways he's been a permanent part of our family since Oct 27th, when we held him in our arms. But we can't take him out of the country (although we hadn't planned too, I'd still like the option), we can't have simple medical procedures done, and we always have to remember that when at the doctors office he goes by another name. And I want it done. I don't want to wait anymore, I don't want to explain his name confusion, and I don't want to have to tell anyone else where we are going. He is ours all ours. And again I am reminded that God's timing is perfect and He knows all. So I will take peace in that even when I don't know the why's I will trust. And I will continue to pray that this is the last vacation we have to tell a social worker about. :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment