Saturday, May 11, 2013

Unimaginable

Today mason fell asleep holding my fingers.
The significance of this is huge.
Our Mason, who is presumed to have fetal alcohol syndrome, found comfort from my hand. Not just comfort but enough comfort to fall asleep without tears.

FAS babies don't usually attach well, is what I've heard. FAS babies don't settle well when being hugged or snuggled. Well, I'm here to tell you our baby does, and it's so wonderful. We prepared ourselves when we brought him home that he might not like our touch, he might not want a whole lot to do with us. His poor little brain has damage in places we can't see and it's a puzzle to see what will overstimulate him or cause him discomfort.

But today my momma's heart swelled at this small, little step. He's attached!! And although we can't guarantee it will be forever, we are living in the moment. This moment...filled with giggles we weren't sure we'd hear, and snuggles and superior brother love.

Happy Mother's Day!!! My best gifts fill my home with unimaginable joy, mess, laughter, tears, and stinky socks.
 
Ahhhhh paradise ;0)     

1 comment:

  1. how could anyone doubt that he would come with his own set of miracles? with you as his momma-he can't do anything but defy the statistics! congrats mom.

    ReplyDelete