Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Sawing Wood

I'm sitting on the comfy couch in a not so comfy position listening to a snoring, heavy toddler who has found comfort in my lap tonight. 
We are in another funky sleep "thing".  He has found his way into our bed every night this week and some of last.

What has always amazed me about motherhood is how much power I have in the comfort of my children. Mason goes from a screaming crib climbers to a snoring snuggle bear in the matter of minutes in my arms.  Dylan can get mad like no ones business, but I give him a hug and all the walls come down.  When Ty is feeling overwhelmed and is struggling so, he will lean on me, and as I put my arms around him I feel him let go and the world is better for that moment. 

What a blessing, what a feeling.  It's moments like these that make the other ones not so bad.  And trust me...those icky moments are pretty frequent with a growing almost 2year old.  But as he lays here sawing wood, I see the perfect precious gift that God has given us and so many hopes, prayers, and wishes run through my mind. 

Those hopes, wishes, and prayers have been listed in many other posts.  So while I sit here getting a back cramp, I will continue to thank Jesus for all of this.  It is so much more then
 I ever deserved and gives me so much more pleasure then I ever know was possible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment