Sunday, November 30, 2014

Early Friday morning

So I'm ready for my annual black Friday shopping trip with my bestie.  We have had a sick baby for the last 4 days and she is pregnant so we forego the 4:30 am usual start time for a much more manageable 6am.  Only problem.   I've been up since about 1:30 am.
Mason slept so much better last night,  so it would only go without saying that I should have too, right?!
My brain woke up about midnight thinking it was 5am.  Hubby quickly shared it was only midnight so off to sleep I went again...I woke up again.  Surely it is 5am NOW. Nope only 1:30 am.tried and tried to go back to sleep.  There are so many nights I wish the clock would just freeze so I could enjoy more sleep.  Today was that night that it felt as time was standing still and I would look over at the clock and see 2:12, 2:42, 3:10.  Ok if I'm still up by 4am I'll get up.  As I laid there my mind processed  how great Thanksgiving was minus the sick kiddo.  How much fun the train will be tonight  (we are headed with a whole lot of family  to a train ride with Santa ); How much work I have to do at work; I wonder how so and so's trip is going; why am I stressed it's only 3am, I should pray about that, etc, etc, etc.   4:01 came and I got up and took a fabulous warm shower, once the furnace woke up.
So here I am now...all ready to go.  An hour and a half early. :0/
So I got to thinking of all the reasons I love this time of year.  Family,  traditions, cookies, presents,  love.  I get to feel the love this time of year that I know is always there it is just on display now.
Let the Christmas Prep begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment