Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Glasses for Mason

So my cute littlest must be going through a growth spurt or something because this kid has a serious case of the whines lately.

His preschool teacher noticed when he tries to really focus on something he closes one eye.  Which wasn't a total surprise as Mason has glasses he refuses to wear.  I diligently made an eye doctor appointment.

Our eye doctor appointments seem to take forever and they usually dilate his eyes when I least expect it.  This part is torture for me.  Drops that sting go into the eyes first.  Then they send you back to the waiting room to wait at least 30 minutes before they call you back in to check.   This is a really rough time for Mason who by nature isn't good at waiting.

Some humorous points while we waited today:
*he made friends with people in the waiting room.
*he groped me while saying "hi baby" to my stomach  (I'm not pregnant )
*he then said "hi food baby" to my belly,, not so funny to me but other enjoyed.
*while whining about wanting to go home  he adds, "I'm going to call China"  totally random.

I was so glad when we were finally done.  We quickly went to look for glasses with a sales person who sounded like a used car salesman.   We picked quickly, took an even quicker photo to show daddy (that's why it is blurry), and we were out of there. A whopping 2 hours after the appointment started.


The blessing in all of this is hopefully these glasses will feel better to Mas so he can truly see the beauty in God's world around him.  And two, we don't have to go for another 6 months.   Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment