Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Progress

Tonight we talked with the Social Worker to change our home study to be able to adopt a child with special needs. 
As we talked about our resources, plans, and the discussions with our pediatrician I grew ever more vigilant that this baby belongs here. 

I'm not nieve enough to think that this will be easy.  Nor am I bold enough to say we aren't scared.  This baby we are praying for has needs.  Maybe not so evident yet but his needs may at times become all consuming and uncomfortable in his later years.  And I know that the Lord is calling us to be a little uncomfortable, to go beyond comfort, and will hold us through our tough times. 

This baby deserves a family and we deserve him.  If all the pieces fall into place he could be in our arms next week...
If the pieces don't fall into place we fall into a holding pattern (whatever that means).  I don't like this senerio...so let's focus on the first one shall we :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment