Monday, December 3, 2012

Balancing

I've been praying a lot (and trying to listen a lot) about just what is best for our family.  I have three boys that are so different and so similar it makes for very interesting parenting. 
I work at a job that God designed for me. I LOVE it and all I am able to offer Him through it.  And at the same time I question what about the family he gave me? Am I neglecting them?

While I haven't gotten my answer to that question yet, I have heard from other Mamma's that struggle with this "balance" too.

This weekend with all the family time we shared the word that was loudly echoing in my head was SLOW DOWN.  It was so FUN!  Like the kind of fun you can't replicate but wish would never end.  My kiddos felt heard, loved, and important.  There was no yelling, no tantrums, and no sibling drama. 

My hubby and I sat down Sunday night after the kids went to bed and commented on just how fun our kids are and what a great weekend we had!

Our kiddos need Mommy & Daddy to be present, not just here but truly present with them.  Tyler needs for us to laugh at his jokes, his silliness, and to honor the leadership role he has in our family as the oldest child.  Dylan needs to be heard. Not just yep, uha...but wow Dill, that's a great thought.  And Mason, he needs for us to delight in him.  He likes to be watched.  He does like us to play with him but what he really likes is to explore and have his two favorite people (Mom & Dad, in case you were wondering :) watch, and giggle with him.  He wants to run over for a quick snuggle and go back to exploring the world.  And sometimes when we let our world get too crazy we forget that THIS is our real job!


No comments:

Post a Comment