Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Dance parties are good for the soul...

I have a lot of thoughts in this blog...just a warning to hang on around the curves :0)

No matter what I'm feeling when my children ask me to dance, the whole world stops.  I love to twist, spin, and make up silly dances together.  Dancing has always been a part of me (I danced for 15 years), and it's a part of my children, Music and dance sooth both of my children.  Sometimes I forget about this simple joy. 

We accomplished another step closer to our baby today.  We received word that we are approved for the Georgia agency!!  Yay!!  With the completion of the home study we can begin to have our profile shown. I love when there are things to do to prepare for the adoption, it makes the waiting easier.

As I read blogs and see people receive their baby I ache for our baby. We still have a long journey ,I keep the birth family and the baby meant for our family in my prayers every night. I pray for the children of the world to feel the love of Jesus through the parents that raise them.   

I've been struggling a little with our choice to adopt domestically. Not on the choice but whether we are  doing enough to help orphans.  I hear stories and read about the need for children across oceans.  Their need to feel the love of someone tucking them in at night, or reading them a bed time story, or respecting their voice, or to give them proper medical care, food and a blanket.  I pray...asking God to show me where we can be of service...
Then after praying about it I found this blog:
http://joiningthejourney.blogspot.com/2010/10/domestic-adoptionorphan-or-not.html


I know God has a plan and that this is the road for our family.  I am thankful for so much and today especially for dance parties :0).


 

No comments:

Post a Comment