Friday, May 13, 2011

Letting go!

One more thing on our checklist to adoption complete.  Our home visit is D.O.N.E.  She came on my birthday and I couldn't have asked for a greater gift.  All the build up, stress, and cleaning that lead to the hour and half visit which consisted of about a five minute walk around the house and she didn't even look at the basement (which was really a good thing but we cleaned it :o).  The last thing we are waiting for is the FBI clearance to come back.  Then our Home Study can be released and we can have our profile shown.

We have also decided to change our preference for the sex of the child to either a boy or a girl.  As much as I would LOVE to have tights as part of my child's wardrobe, I know that our family will be just as happy with a boy.  This will allow our profile to be shown to birth parents who choose not to find out the sex of their child.  And ultimately God is in control, so He will make the best choice for us.  I've got to tell you...boy was it hard to let that go.  I like to be in control and I'm a planner, and giving up this control was tough, BUT I know for me this is how I let go and fully allow my trust to be in Him.  He's already given me two fantastic boys and I know this child (whether boy or girl) is perfect for our family!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh those darn fingerprints...we waited forever for them! Yay for birthdays and completed home studies! Boy or girl he/she will be perfect for your family!

    ReplyDelete