Thursday, September 1, 2011

MY plan

Reminder alert: This is a personal blog....with that said, I'm sorry for expressing my flaws all the time.  It's how I put myself back on track.  This blog is like my therapy :o)

I'm struggling with not being in control.  The beginning of work and school is a stressful time for me until I get it under control, my control, my plan.  I was struck this morning by how I am eagerly anticipating my kids going back to school so that MY plans can come into the picture.  I dream of getting up at 6 with my hubby, going for a walk, making hot chocolate and having my time with my Lord, then getting to the laundry, and preparing for dinner.

Not to say my plans aren't good, but they are MY plans.  I have been so busy this last week that I have forgotten to listen to God's plan.  I struggle when my plans don't play out.  I struggle to have the happy heart necessary for the work I do as a Mother, Wife, & Therapist. 

The adoption process doesn't help my planning spirit either.  I can make no plans (bad grammar I know but it's how it came out...remember personal blog :o))  I am asked about when baby is coming all the time...I have no idea and that is so hard for me, the planner.  But I am ever confident in God's timing and I remember that this is a growing process that I am to learn something from.  I will continue to strive to surrender myself to the Lord's time and plan...not my own, no matter how hard it gets.  (If I write it down you can hold me to it, and I can look back and remember my promise.)

1 comment:

  1. Hey I'ts LB from the Yahoo group. Great blog. I will read more of the posts when I get a chance. And yes, I would much rather have God's plans for my life then my own anyway, just like you guys. We are in the same boat, though we are adopting with an agency through DCF. I will keep up with your blog and I am sure I will enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete