Sunday, November 13, 2011

Ummmm, yeah

OK so I can officially say there are now points in my day where I feel overwhelmed with 3 children.  My expectations are too high, too much on my plate, and too many finger nails and toe nails I need to remember to clip. 

I'll be fine... I have just begun to make lots of lists. 

I also begin to work a little this week, and have parent teacher conferences, and a karate tournament (that most of the family is participating in), and am preparing for Thanksgiving, and planning a baptism, and, and, and... I could go on but thats not whats overwhelming me.

Know what it sadly is.....perfectionism.  I want everything to look perfect, I want my kids to act perfect, I want the dog to behave perfect... and it can't possibly live up to my standards.  So I am letting it go.  My kids are GREAT, they are kids.  My sink is full of dishes, but bottles are clean. My dog is...well herself and she just loves us so much she wants to be involved in it all.
My job is to be a servent of the Lord, a wife, a mother, a daughter, a friend, a therapist, etc.  I will work diligently for that which pleases the Lord and I will leave the rest for when there is time. 

Adoption is a process..see I'm learning! :o)

1 comment:

  1. This is so TRUE! As our families grow, we hopefully learn to value what GOD values the most...relationships...not a clean house or a great image...although maybe I use that thinking too much...you should see my house today! :-)

    ReplyDelete