Tuesday, November 8, 2011

What we could have missed!

This has been a whirlwind first couple of weeks.  With a record breaking snow storm in October that knocked out our power for 8 days, I have lots of stories to tell our young boy when he grows up about his first week in our family. 

I have taken so many pictures of our little guy that when I get a baby book it will be FULL! 

We have gotten everything we dreamed of.  The scrunchy feet when you pick him up, the sweet smell of baby, and when he hiccups he sounds just like a squeak toy! :o) 

When I think of what we could have missed because of fear, it makes me cry! If we had let the fear of adoption, the unknown, or special needs stop us, we would never have gotten this special gift. The Lord is so very good!

I know my skeptics out there will say "but it hasn't even been 2 weeks. After the honeymoon wears off then lets talk." I know there will be struggles, pain and tears...and he is still the greatest gift! 

I can't wait for the rest...
the TPR court date should be scheduled in the next week or so for the beginning of December,
Back to work
Thanksgiving
Christmas
the finilization of adoption
and the rest of his life...


 

No comments:

Post a Comment