Thursday, December 8, 2011

Back to work

So I went back to work today.  I am so lucky to not only have a job I love but am able to bring my baybe with me.  He stays in the infant room and I can snuggle with him whenever I want.  He did great, slept most of the time, but being a baby is hard work. 

You know who struggled the most...the 9 year old. 
For 6 weeks I picked him up from school.
For 6 weeks I helped him with his homework, took him to karate, and made dinner.
For 6 weeks he got to play with the neighborhood friends, listen to his books, and play Lego's with his brother.  Today that changed and he felt it.

I came home to a very tense house.  Tears, tantrums, and uneaten dinners.  Tyler's world was rough today.  When I got home, we snuggled, talked about our struggles, and were reminded that God is there, all we have to do is ask. 

As our family adjusts to me going back to work, I will work extra hard to remind my children that I'm here, that Jesus is here, and we love them VERY much!

No comments:

Post a Comment