Wednesday, December 28, 2011

One of the things about adoption

My house is Sickville right now.  Winter colds have 3 of us and I'm sure the other two aren't far behind. 
We took Mason (& Dylan) to the doctor today.  This was Mason's second trip in less then a week.  He has a icky cold, that regular antibiotics was just not kicking.  So why is this blog worthy??

Because with adoption you have limited family history, and in Mason's case no birth father history.  So when I gave him the first dose of Amoxcillian (sp?...and I'm too sick to go look at the bottle to see how to spell it) I was anxious to see how he'd react.  He did OK.  We changed to another medication and he got prickly raised bumps. It could be a virus or a reaction to the medication, we just don't know.  I know with any child, Bio or adopted, there are a lot of "wait and sees".  And with Mason it's wait, see, listen, and learn.  I want the answer to so many questions that only God knows and only time will tell...like:

Could he be allergic to peanut butter?
Glasses?
heart murmur closing?
veggie eater?
oh and so much more about who he'll be ( but that's for another post :)

With adoption you take a risk, and it's SO worth it.  So with each new medicine, detergent, or food we try we will watch our precious Mason carefully, and we will learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment