Tuesday, December 6, 2011

One step closer

Today was the court date for TPR; Termination of Parental Rights. 

My thoughts went to Mason's birth mother; at this time she no longer has rights to him.  I am sad for her and know that this is what she wanted for him.  I am forever grateful for her discussion not to abort this baby.  I'm so thankful to God for allowing us to parent him.

The Judge terminated rights which brings us one step closer to becoming his forever family.  We have two more social worker visits, and a court date in the spring, but we have been his forever family since the day we found out he was coming to us.  We love him so much.

I have to admit I did a little dance while I cried tears of joy today.  I never expected to feel the emotions I felt.  yes relieved, happy sure but I felt pure ELATION!! 

Ahhhhh.  I will sleep good tonight! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment