Monday, January 23, 2012

Our Family Challenge

I don't know when it happened...
but we have become a family that LOVES our electronics, maybe a little too much.  So we are going on a electronic diet starting Saturday.  And like most diets we needed incentive, the prize? a $10 bill. 
My boys are pumped, the trash talk (kind trash talk of course :) has begun as we prepare to go electronic-less for a whole week.  My hubby was the hardest to sell on the idea. 

Any TV, DS, Computer, ipod, cell phone, or tablet used inside the house will cost you 2 points.  The person with the least amount of points wins the $10.  This contest could backfire big time, but my hope is that my kids (and hubby) will see that there are fun things to do around the house without electronics. I'm sure they'll be some tears, mostly mine :o) as my boys adjust and I hear a lot of "I'm bored", but the prize will help.  Ty and Dylan have teamed up to support each other and split the prize, and added bonus to this challenge.

As a side note we limit the use of electronics in our house, but because they are here the kids yearn for them and have a hard time engaging fully in other things.  It seems like they are always waiting for the next time they can get back to the electronic of their choice.  And as parents I think we all too often have our phones in our hand so we are committed to a week of being unplugged. 

1 comment:

  1. I'd lose. Big time. But...maybe that is exactly why this is a great idea and we should try it in our house.

    ReplyDelete