Saturday, January 7, 2012

I LOVE boys.

When we started this adoption process we contemplated asking for a girl.  After all we had two boys and I thought it would be easier fit for our next addition to be a girl.  Plus I thought I'd like to try the hair play and tights package.  But when we were told making a gender request could slow down the process, we decided that God had made a fabulous choice with the first two...so we would trust him with our third. 

He was so right!!! I get comments from store clerks about having three boys and wouldn't I like a girl, or the older women in the grocery store who says "oh honey, girls are so much quieter".  I like boys, I love boys, my boys in particular but boys are great.  I like the loudness, constant movement, and one pair of shoes.  As much as I like the idea of doing hair, God knew that one more thing to do in the morning might just put me over the edge.  Boys wear their heart on their sleeve, what you see is what you get.  Once an argument is over, it's over. And in my house I'm still the princess.  I can easily pick out my lunch box, it's the pink one :o)

I am so glad I have nieces (only nieces...isn't that funny how that works) to play with, buy for , and enjoy.  And I am glad God made girls, cuz hey, I am one.  But I love my boys...my sticky, sweaty, smelly, loud boys.  God's way is perfect!!

No comments:

Post a Comment